May 22nd, 2016.
Topic: LOVERS OF THE LORD GOD
Text: Matthew 22:34-39
Minister: Pastor Jeremiah
“But when the Pharisees had heard that he had put the Sadducees to silence, they were gathered together. Then one of them, which was a lawyer, asked him a question, tempting him, and saying: Master, which is the great commandment in the law? Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.” Matthew 22:34-39
FOUR TYPES OF LOVE
1. EROS Word for sexual love. Romantic love between married couples. Gen 34:1-3
2. PHYLEO: Love for reciprocal relationship e.g friends (1Sam 18:1-3)
3. STORGE: family love
4. AGAPE: God’s kind of love which is found among born again. Gal. 5
WHY SHOULD I WORK IN LOVE?
1. Proof of Godliness. 1 John 4:8
2. Proof of God Presence. 1 John 4:16
3. Proof that you are genuinely born again. 1 John 7:7
4. Proof of the fruit of the spirit of God. Gal. 5:22
5. Proof that you are working in practical faith. Gal. 5:6
6. Proof of your affection for God. Deut. 11:22
7. Proof of your genuine discipleship. John 13:6 & 34-35
WHO ARE THE LOVERS OF THE LORD GOD
1. Those that increases in the knowledge of the Lord God(Hosea 4:6)
2. Those that patiently look forward to the coming of Christ and they are prepared for it. 2 Thessalonians 3:5
3. Those that keep and obey the Word of God and His commandments walking in all His ways. John 14:15;21;23-24
4. Those that refuse to set their love and their affections on things of this world. 1 John 2:15-17
5. Those that work in love with their brethren in Christ without any hatred in their heart. 1 John 4:20-21
6. Those that serve the Lord their God with all their heart and with all their soul. Deut. 10:12;11:13-15
7. Those that obey the voice of the Lord. Deut. 30:20, Psalms 21:23
8. Those who are always joyful, rejoicing, praising God always at all times. Psalm 5:11
9. Those that hate evil in all its ramifications; they won’t join hands with anyone to do evil. Psalms 97:10.
10. Those that feed the sheep and lambs of Jesus. John 21:15-17
• A lamb is someone who has just given his life to Christ while the sheep are the people who knows their right from their left in God.
DO YOU REALLY LOVE THE LORD? Talk to the Lord.
He’s alive, Amen
He’s alive, Amen,
My Jesus is alive,
Forever, He’s alive, Amen.
1. Anything in my heart and anything in my life, standing against my love of God, die in the name of Jesus.
SING: Give me grace to follow, abundant grace to follow….
REFERENCE: Types of Love, Why Should I Work In Love.. @MFM Youth Church
MFM H/Q Sermons
LIKE our Page on FACEBOOK
Share the Word of God to all!!!